I'll be using this image as a linking participant.
You can catch up on what the fabulous crew has done in Week 1.
Week 1 is typically a hi, here's my space, let's keep it real kind of deal. So let's keep it real, shall we?
We moved into our house last June. It was about 5 weeks before I delivered Allison, so needless to say things were crazy for a while. I finally feel like I'm at a place where I don't feel strapped to Allison at all times, so it feels good to start getting stuff done (if you know what I mean).
I'm starting small here with our powder room. We live in a split level home and our half bath is on the bottom floor off of our family room. Here is the half bath in all its glory...
It needs a makeover...badly. Thank you Linda.
We haven't done anything to it. I added the towels which we had used in the old house, but other than a new jar of soap every month or two this tiny little bath is BEGGING for a makeover.
And may I reiterate this bathroom is tiny. Like tiny I can't really take full on photos, but here are a few more.
Here are some definite plans:
- Paint - the wall color right now is a beige/yellow - definitely need new color on the walls since I'm on a painting kick. Paint the mirror and the vanity. It's a gross brown color and can be improved upon.
- Art/Personality - bring in colors and art that speak to us and make us happy. We don't spend a ton of time in this bathroom, and honestly I try not to use it at all. But I want that to change. I want it to be nice. (do you see the hooks hanging on the wall? yikes)
- Floors - Yikes. Not really in the budget right now but we can do something about that.
- Lighting - See that yellow ball of brightness in the photo above? That's our light fixture. Yikes again. Would really love to see that replaced.
- New window treatment - The blinds on this window are gross and scary. Those are coming down and I'll probably whip something up. Maybe a cafe style curtain...we'll see. The window faces out to our rarely used (for now) sunroom, so there's not a huge privacy issue but it still needs to be covered.
- Accessories - This goes along with color and art, but I'd like to spruce up that ledge there and bring in the pretty.
I'm really going to try to use things that we have and stick to a budget.
Stay tuned and come back next week to see what I tackle first. And if you have some time, be sure to check out what the fabulous 20 are doing and all of the warriors who are linking up too.
And how many times did I say yikes? That's when you know it's time for a makeover.
Come back next Thursday to see what I have planned for this little bath.